Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Night Windows Scarf


My second attempt at the Night Windows Scarf was mostly a success.  It is the first project on my new to me, Schacht Baby Wolf 8 harness loom.  The loom currently resides in Montana and my warping board is in North Carolina.  I wound the warp for this is NC before heading to MT and unfortunately was 4 ends short in my count, not too noticeable, but not perfect.  It meant that the 8 harness twill would look off, it was short a few ends in two of the blocks, so instead the first weaving on the 8 harness used only4 harnesses.  Next time, I'll take full advantage of all those harnesses and all the options that they bring.





Date Finished  July 2012
Loom  Schacht Baby Wolf
Reed  8 dent
Warp     Fiber  Mercerized cotton
              Source
              Fiber  Rayon Chenille
              Ends 2 per dent cotton, 1 per dent chenille
              Mfr  Dragon's Tail
Beat                       50/50                     
Size
Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment