Monday, February 11, 2013

Overshot - Cat Tracks and Snail Trails

This set of 3 towels is not yet finished, even though it was started over 2 months ago.  Soon after putting this on the Newcomb, we left town for Montana.  I have been busy on other projects and will post those as soon as I get around to taking the photos.   I hope to get a chance to finish the Cat Tracks towels later this month.  The towels are weaving up nicely, but in the pattern areas, two strands of 8/2 cotton is required.  I have been winding a single shuttle with double strands which doesn't always feed through evenly.  Gary recently made a double shuttle for me, which solves this problem.  I can't wait to finish up these towels with the new double shuttle.

Date Finished - not done yet
Loom  Newcomb
Weave Structure Overshot
Reed 10, 2 ends per dent
Warp Fiber cotton
Count  8/2
Color natural and blue
Mfr  Dragon's Tail
Source  Earth Guild
Warp Width in Reed  18 1/4 "
Ends  362
Length  3 1/2 yds
Weft Fiber  same, doubled for pattern yarn
           
Beat 50/50                    
Size
Notes

3 comments:

  1. Hey Pat,
    I love this pattern. Would you share the weaving draft with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia - the design came from Handwoven Design Collection 18 on 4 shaft towels. It is also in Davison's book called Wandering Vine. Sorry, but I didn't create a WIF file for the towels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ! and love the color you used.

    ReplyDelete