Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Turned Twill Towels

I recently finished another run of 6 twill towels in a turned twill.  Twill towels seem to be my summer go to project in getting ready for holiday present giving.  However, these have only been off the loom a week and 3 are already gone.  Two for house gifts and one for a birthday present for our niece.  So much for getting Christmas presents done early this year.





I do not have a 12 dent reed in Montana and so used a 10 dent reed -2-2-3, to get close to 24 epi, resulted in a pretty good weight for the towels.   I used both 10/2 mercerized and 8/2 unmercerized in the weft and once I wet finished them, I like the look and feel of the 10/2 better than the 8/2. They still seem to be pretty absorbent due to the 8/2 cotton in the weft.

Date Finished    September 2014
Loom      Baby Wolf
Weave Structure  Turned Twill
Reed   10, 23 epi
Warp     Fiber  cotton
              Count  8/2
              Color  yellow
              Mfr   Valley
              Source    Webs
Warp     Width in Reed  21"
              Ends  484
              Length  6 yds
Weft      Fiber  cotton
              Count  8/2and 10/2
              Color
              Mfr
              Source
Beat                       50/50                     
Size


Notes  I like the 10/2 cotton better

2 comments:

  1. When I mixed mercerized with unmercerized cotton I got seersucker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely towels and nice detail in weaving instructions. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete