Monday, April 14, 2014

Log Cabin Placemats - NOT




This winter I finished up a pretty piece of cloth, woven in Color and Weave, log cabin pattern.  I planned to make a set of placemats, but unfortunately didn't plan for a wide enough warp.  I now have 3 yards of cloth, 10 inches wide.  I don't have a clue what to do with it, but as a temporary measure it makes a nice table runner with the unfinished edges tucked under.  I could hem a section for a table runner, or use it to sew a vest, or make a whole lot of bags.  Inspiration may come one day on just what this cloth should become.

Gary's recent woodturnings, a set of candlesticks and a bark edged bowl, look wonderful on the cloth.
Date Finished  January 2014
Loom   Baby Wolf
Weave Structure  Log Cabin
Reed  8, 16 epi
Warp     Fiber  Cotton
              Count  5/2
              Color  Burgundy and Black
              Mfr  Valley
              Source   Webs
                  



Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment