Saturday, June 2, 2012

Wif 'n Proof Software

The shadow weave scarf that I just finished made me realize I needed a good way for following complex treadling sequences.  The treadling followed 76 picks before repeating and with such a subtle pattern, it was not easily apparent when I had made a mistake.  I have been looking at weaving software for a few months, trying to decide if I needed it and if I do, which one to buy.  Since software runs $150-300 and I am only an occasional weaver, I want to make the right choice.  Wif 'n Proof, caught my eye, because it was only $20.  However, it is not a full featured drafting program, but instead a program that can be used on a tablet, IPad, or smartphone for treadling sequence.  You can download drafts into the program or enter the information directly and then just weave along and hit the button to show what the next treadling sequence is.  It's available from Sandoz Software on versions from phones to tablets and I use it on my Color Nook.

No comments:

Post a Comment